Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Friday, June 08, 2007

Friday night out

Tonight, H and I went out on a date. Actually, it was last Tuesday when he asked me what my plans are for Friday. I said, nothing. So he said, we should catch a movie and have dinner. Or vice versa for that matter. I winked at him and said yes, i would love that. I guess the last date we had was last month which I forgot to blog. Oh, it was a Thursday and he asked me to go out with him as he had a surprise for me. It turned out that we had concerts at the park and that night it was a band who played blues music. H brought a picnic basket, complete with Ben and Jerry's Pistachio ice cream. I remember I laughed so hard because we were the only young people in that concert. Almost everyone was 50 years old and up. And we didn't know their songs. There was one lola who danced with all her might. H said he will remember her and hopefully she doesnt get to be a patient for evaluation by H. Talk about out of place. But it was still fun because I was with H.:)
Back to our date, we had to plan our great escape. The little boy had spider senses that we were going to leave him behind so he started clinging to me. MIL was helpful as she tried to entertain M while we grabbed the car keys. It was an easy one.
We headed to Bonefish Grill . The food was great. For appetizers, we had calamari. Then I ordered Crab Cake while H ordered chops. The ambience was great too. The manager was kind enough to approach us. We were asked if that was our first time and we said yes. So he introduced himself and welcomed us. I think that was really nice. When we went out, a long line has formed and I heard the guests had to wait 30 minutes to get in. Our friend E was right in telling us that it was not really child friendly. They had bar stools on some tables. Luckily, we did not get that type. Our table had some type of paper as their tablecloth. It was pretty neat and easy to clean afterwards and yet it did not look cheap. I mean, they had candles on the tables plus the lighting still provided a romantic ambience.
Our dinner lasted for more than an hour so we were late for the movie "Mr. Brooks." We had to settle for the next one which I cannot remember the title. Seriously, it was a lousy movie. It had Ashley Judd and I cannot remember who. I really did not like it.
On the way home, I craved for some Krispy Kreme because of the "Hot Now" sign. I just cant resist that sign. Hayyy.. H bought half a dozen for me. Bait noh?
One good thing even though we have seen a lousy movie, being with H that night made that date a very good one. We both realized how we still love each other's company and how being away from M at least for four hours recharged me. Seeing that movie made us talk about how lousy the movie was and how we wasted $16.00 for that. Next time, we should see the ratings first. Lesson learned.
We got home at 10pm and baby M was still up and running. He took the first bite of my Krispy Kreme. I gave MIL the other one. And the rest, well, I have to do treadmill tomorrow.. Hehehe..

No comments: