Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Thursday, August 02, 2007

DIY

I married a carpenter!
As you know, H and I love to Do-It-Yourself. This summer, we did our kitchen's backsplash. (I will have to post that pic sometime). Then, I thought of converting M's crib into a full size bed (nagiging tambakan lang kasi ang crib nya ng kung ano ano..este anik anik) and transform his nursery room turned playroom into a toddler room. So I began to hunt for the perfect shelves for his toys and other stuff. And I found this..

(photo courtesy of land of nod)
I also found another one but I thought this one was easier than the other one. Little did I know, Hubs was challenged with what I assigned him. He prayed to God for this project. And so he began his journey to carpentry.






I assisted him with this project. I took pictures, handed him his tools, charged the batteries, and cleaned the mess afterwards. My son M was also cooperative as he stayed with his lola the whole day. In a day, we almost finished one shelf. We forgot we had to put the plyboard at the back. We also had to paint it white. Well, that will be done next week.
So, what do you think of this?



5 comments:

MrsPartyGirl said...

nice! pwede na :D siguro naman ikaw na magpipintura niyan? hehehe. si hubby ko rin mahilig mag-DIY, wala lang chance kasi hindi naman namin bahay itong tinitirahan namin. ang dream niya, mag-install ng wood floors hehehe. nakaka-challenge kasi pag napapanood mo sa TV. :P

Dang said...

oo mother, ako na mag pipintura..pag natapos ito post ko din, siguro next year..heheh..
alam mo ba si charlie din ang nag install ng wood floors namin? mas mura kasi at type nga nya ang mga ganun.
you know youre welcome to stay here..basta kasama si ninna..hehe..

Jen said...

this is soo cool! i don't watch much tv, but when i do, it's either something about clothes or flipping houses! i've been wanting to do a lot of DIY around the home but i can't seem to find the motivation simply bec. i don't know where to start! i'd really like to tackle our kitchen area and do a backsplash of sorts but i'm afraid once i start, i won't want to finish (i'm crazy like that). post pics of the backsplash :).

Dang said...

hi jen, thanks for dropping by! i posted our backsplash per your request (and promise to myself.)
i dont watch tv except blues clues and little einstein! bout diy, i just look at the house and think of something to improve and ask hubs to do it. do you know that i even tried to do window treatments? my sewing machine did not like me ..and hubs decided to buy blinds instead. oh well..
ps..i recently tivoed beautiful homes and great estates..its a nice show about houses..fabulous though!

Anonymous said...

hi dang! thanks for droppin by my blog. sana ganyan din si hubby LOL. sobrang cutie ng cabinet, gusto ko ng ganyan for sandy :)