Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

pancit bihon

to make my mind think of anything else but the thing that i dont want to think..i have to be busy..so i thought of cooking pancit bihon..ive never tried to cook it..besides, i was craving for it..its been months since ive had one...so i prepared the ff:
1. i boiled 2 pcs of chicken breast in about 10 cups of water..i add salt & pepper to taste..it took me bout 25 mins..i removed the chicken & had it flaked..the bigger the flakes the better for me..:)
2. i chopped 1 medium sized onion, sliced the repolyo into small ones, wanted to have julienne carrots but my ref does not have it so no carrots for me..tsk...i then turned on the stove in medium heat..in my wok, i poured 3 spoonfuls of olive oil (im using olive oil for hubby)..i placed the minced garlic & chopped onion , sliced chicken, and shrimps..then i seasoned to taste..i added the veggies..mix mix..then i poured in the chicken broth..
3. i then added the bihon which i soaked in the water for just about a few minutes..
4. mix mix (heheh..my own term) i added soy sauce and some more ground pepper..when i saw that its almost dry, i assumed its cooked already..i grabbed a fork and tried it..voila! my first cooked pancit ever! i can have bday parties now! heheh..
hubs came early & was so happy with the pancit..he said its hard to cook pancit daw & he gave me a hug for a job well done..did you know that he had 3 servings of pancit? gosh..i cant believe he ate that much..he reminded me to save some as he will bring it tomorrow for his baon..seems like he loved it....makes me happy!
by the way, its my yaya's bday..come to think of it..she is now 52 yrs old..she has been with us for the last 24 yrs..she has given so much to our family..she is still single..i guess she'll never marry now but who knows..gotta call her & greet her..timing naman i cooked pancit! hehhhehe..

No comments: