Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Thursday, August 19, 2004

dentist day

call me teeth freak or what but i have always enjoyed my visits to the dentist.. back home, i would never miss my twice a year dentist appointment..i have the same old dentist for the last 12 yrs and i felt uncomfortable going to a new one.. in my previous work, we had a dental plan too but it meant going to a different dentist, one that was accredited by our company.. it did not bother me that i had to shell out extra money from my own pocket as long as i get to see my favorite dentist..talk about loyalty.
when we were about to move here, one of my top concerns was having a new dentist..hubs assured me i would love the dentist he has..and i would love the hi tech stuff they use here..so last march , off we went to his dentist and boy oh boy..hi tech nga..feeling ko promdi tuloy ako because i kept on asking what the hygienist was about to do etc etc..i was comparing notes mentally..who's better, who's faster, who's friendlier, i was checking their xray, galing..hay naku!
6 months have passed and now we have to see the dentist again..i was so excited..so much excitement that my tooth hurt..oh no! could this be a bad sign..?
after the xray, dr. f recommended that i get a root canal! uh oh..just in time..but at least, i get to compare how they do it here..hmm..
i had anesthesia & of course i did not feel anything..i felt how dr f pushed and pushed to kill the canal with this tiny needlelike stuff inside my tooth. grabe..i was amazed how i felt no pain at all..they had a temporary filling afterwards so i will come back again in a month's time..naku, excited na naman ako..
hubs finds it weird! tamad kasi sya mag dentist eh..hhehehe..
yun nga lang the anesthesia is still here ata..i am looking at the mirror, making faces and my mouth is still numb..tabingi pa nga ata..hala...!

No comments: