Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Thursday, August 12, 2004

bonnie & charley

its funny that the hurricane is named charley. hubs was joking that malakas daw ang dating nito for obvious reasons! News flash have been ongoing to alert us and for us to be prepared. last night, we made sure we got enough supply of water, new flashlights, batteries, rechargeable lamp, enough food etc. we even cleared our patio. we placed the grill and the chairs inside the garage. hubs said that the storm might take this things away so better be safe than sorry. we prayed & thank god He heard us!
today turned out to be an ordinary day. the sun was bright & sunny! i was looking for my first experience of a real storm here but no luck! (which is good of course)
I wanted to have something new, something i havent done before and god granted that... It was in another form though. I had to babysit R, my 4 yr old neighbor from 8am-4pm. As day care had been closed today, our neighbor had no choice but to leave their kid with me as they had to work at the hospital. I offered help anyway and hubs did not mind. The couple needs help so it was ok..
Im used to taking care of my pamangkins but this is different. R & i were together the entire day. I had to watch Blues Clues, Dora, and all other cartoon dvds. Then, he got bored and asked if we could play the computer. We now had to play the cartoonnetwork.com & nick.com. All in a day! Lunch time came & I had to cook instant pancit canton as R doesnt want to eat adobo cooked last night.
I noticed that I kept on looking at the clock when it striked 3pm.. began counting the minutes until it was 4pm. Im so glad his dad arrived on time.:) He thanked me and offered me a ride home (walking distance lang naman bahay nya sa amin since we live in the same village) He offered to pay me but I declined. Nahiya talaga ako kasi we're friends and I felt awkward! C was never mahiyain. When he brought me home, he asked if i have ice cream which is always present in my ref so ayun, he gobbled my ben&jerrys. Haaaaay...
When hubs arrived he told me J called to ask how we were kasi nga me bagyo. I felt ok naman. Sana laging ganito feeling ko.. I like myself better when I dont react. As in call lang & it was a voice message.
My crockpot made sure my nilagang baka was ready for dinner! Tonight it rained a little and timing ang ulam. Hubs appreciated my cooking! Well, he does that always which makes me inspired to cook. After all, he is the only reason why ive been cooking!

No comments: