Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Saturday, January 30, 2010

And the result is..(warning-long)

I got a text yesterday that it will be H's graduation. Wow, time really flies! At first, I wanted to stay at home instead but the opportunity to see my teachers and my classmates was just too hard to resist. Add to that is 2 hours of being away from home which is of course a big treat for me! Friday is also M's last day at his extended daycare (he is still in vpk) until I get a job which I hope to be pretty soon! So with those thoughts I got dressed and went to Palo Alto Church. I thank God I did. What a beautiful event! It was a blessing to be there! The opening prayer was so touching that T if that is her name was crying while leading the prayer. After that, the welcome remarks by their class president ended up with crying moments as well. It was only when Ms. S stood up that the ceremony became a little light. Ms. S reminded everyone that this was supposed to be a happy moment. I guess when you really feel it from the heart, you kinda cry! Or maybe they are just crybabies. My friend T commented "Wow, what a sobbing class!" I reminded her to be quiet as everyone turned their heads to our direction. A touching ceremony indeed. The family was all proud. Not only once, twice, thrice did somebody acknowledged a graduate! One would say, "That's my wife! That's my nephew! That's my cousin! etc. The sweetest was a grandma who just signed our from the nursing home. She loudly said.."That's my grandson!" What could be sweeter than that!
I thought that if I would be there the more I would not think about my test but it did exactly the opposite. Everyone would ask me about it! Everyone would comment I do this or do that. Oh, at least I learned that I could check it Saturday morning & if I really want it , Ms. S can check it as soon as graduation is over. All I had to do was call her..Of course I did not call her. I was too chicken..hehehe..
Once the graduation was done, I had a few precious minutes all by myself! Ohh..it felt so good to be just with me! It may sound weird but I love to spend time alone! And how I missed this time! So precious quiet moments! What a breeze!
When I got home, the first thing I did was....tada..I checked the computer. Of course the results were not there. It will be ready 48 hours after the test, business days..Which means Monday at 12noon. But my classmates said I could check it ..Or I could call Ms. S. But, but..
I checked again at 5pm! No results yet! Oh..I took H's M to the community health center and filled out paperwork. Can you now picture me trying to keep myself busy the whole time but the test results would just pop into my mind like the whole time..READ--ALL THE TIME!
I went to the gym, picked up M. Hubs offered to do the grocery and as a good woman who knows his man, I did not refuse his gracious offer. I gave him the list!
J, M's best buddy wanted to stay with us for a couple of minutes so I let them stay! Yup, the boys did kept me busy..but the test results is still in my mind!
So it's Saturday morning now and no results yet! I checked the computer like 100 times and no results!
H decided that we start cleaning up the garage. We sorted our stuff and decided to move some gym equipment to J's house. A very worthwhile project indeed. I miss our diy projects. Never mind, spring will be here soon and I cant wait for our next home improvement!
Then we decided to eat at Royal Buffet as they have a happy hour- buffet for only $5.99 from 2-4pm who can beat that? The sushi was superb, hibachi was great! My tummy was so full. I enjoyed their sesame balls too!
By 5pm, we were home and of course I checked the computer!
When I opened it, it said " The exam results are AVAILABLE "
I was so nervous, my heart was pounding! My pulse rate could be 160bpm. My goodness!
It asked for my credit card! I had to pay $7.95 to get the results early or give myself the torture of waiting till next week for the results. I entered my card number blah blah blah..
And the results is..
I passed! I passed! I passed!!
I was jumping for joy! Thank you Lord! I then called MIL to read the computer screen. SHe said she didnt have her glasses. I forced her to read it as what if I have been reading pass when it had the words fail???
She hugged me and congratulated me! You passed! Wow!
I then went to our room where hubs was. He was of all places in the bathroom. I told him he has to come out now as I have very important news. He said he cannot come out! But he opened the door for me and asked what was it. He was clueless. I handed him the laptop so he read the computer screen with my name on it and the result--PASS! He hugged me tight! We thanked God for this wonderful blessing!
This is a very wonderful feeling! A triumphant feeling that I wish would last! Thank you my dear God! You are such an awesome God and to you I give back the glory and praise!
Thank you for making me a licensed nurse!
Now, my goal is to find a job!
Woot woot!
I called Pinas of course and texted my friends afterwards! They were all very happy for me! Finally, I opened my FB and had a shoutout about my test results! I got a lot of well wishes as well!
God is so good! Thank you po talaga Lord!


Keith said...

Dang, wow! Congratulations! My heart was pounding while reading your post. God is really good. He rewards those who completely surrender and trust in Him.

Don't worry, I'm sure you will not have difficulty finding a job. I hope, though, that this will not keep you away from blogging again...hehehe!

Enjoy and savour the moment.

Dang said...

Hay naku Keith! Salamat sa prayers nyo talaga ni Pinky! OO ang sarap isipin yun moment na iyon! Hanggang ngayon high pa ata ako..heheh..
Ill visit your blog now! God bless you always!