Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Waiting In Vain

I am really worried..and so is H.
I have already made the downpayment to my suppliers--jollibee, cake, caterer, venue, soundsystem, ice cream cart etc ( thanks to my very reliable sister a.k.a. party organizer kuno) I still cannot stop looking at other children's parties and cannot help but gasp at their pictures (& their budget) Yeah, I make ohhhsss and ahhhss and wowssss, and I stop. (I scrape them all out when I tag them as "nice to have but I can live without".) Infact, the only reason why we wanted to celebrate B's party in the Philippines is to be with our families once again! (It has been 2 years 3 months since Ive seen my dad & my sis) Time spent with them will be truly worth it. It will be a very sweet reunion indeed!
That is, if our passports will arrive!
You see, the moment B was born I already wanted to apply for his passport. But H made all kinds of excuses like we do not have travel plans yet so why apply.
But last December, I started to check on how to apply at their website . I also downloaded the forms. I asked H to sign the form and bugged him literally that we should get it done.
It was January when we decided to celebrate B's 1st birthday party in the Philippines. That very day, we bought our tickets. With the promise that we'll apply for our passports that same week. The application form has been collecting dust for more than a month now.
H only had the time to deal with it 2nd week of February. That day, the receiving clerk said that it will come in 4 weeks time. I told him I checked the website and it said it takes 6 weeks to process the passport application. We suggested that maybe we should pay the fee to have it expedited. The man refused and said we will just waste our money. In 4 weeks, it'll be here.
And now, 4 weeks 4 days have passed and Im still waiting..waiting in vain..
And it has also been a week since I started answering back on my H's countdown to our vacation. As you know, every morning, as soon as H wakes up, he will say.. "20 days na lang" The next day, "19 days na lang". The day after that, "18 days na lang" I quipped, "wala pa tayong passport". That turned out to be a quiet morning for us!
I really have to call their 1 800 number. Kasi naman, inuna pa ticket bago passport. Yan tuloy!
Lesson learned! Passport first before tickets!
Makakauwi kaya kami? Abangan..

No comments: