Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Weekend plans

It's the last week of school and I can't wait to have my summer break! My last day is on Thursday and it's also the day that I take my final exam. I can only pass if I start to study and not blog. Lord help me please on this test. Amen!
I have been looking for fun things to do for M and me. I've only enrolled in a swimming class which will start on the 27th of May. There is a swimming class that will start on the 12th but I decided not to enroll on that one as I wanted to take a week or so to do some more of my spring cleaning/organizing. H commented that the house looks good lately as I try to do a little cleaning of this and that. He then reprimanded me to go back on my books as school is not over yet. (Eh sa masarap maglinis ng bahay eh..)
Last Friday was dvd night for H and me as we watched the movie Hitman . Action and violent scenes do not make me happy plus I had to cut my dvd moment short as I had to tuck M to his bed early. I got to sleep early too and so did H. Sleep is something we enjoy doing. Yup, nakatulog kami sa movie just like what we did with all the dvd movies we've watched. Antukin family is our name.
Then on Saturday, we headed to Pier Park for some family bonding time! We stayed at Borders where M enjoyed reading Thomas train books. I got to hang around with the other kids in the kids area. H also had a great time as he enjoyed looking/browsing at the magazines mostly on renovating/designing. We wanted to do something else for the house for the nth time. :) It rained that afternoon but we managed to stroll along the new opened outlets like Old Navy, VS, etc.
On Sunday, I had to do my closed captioning thingy at the church as I am training my friend N to do captioning volunteer! I had to attend the mass at 10am to cover the mass for tv and then attend the mass again at 1145 where R had his 1st communion. Now that R is on the second grade, I still remember seeing R for the first time when he was only 3 years old, a little toddler, and now he's tall, smart, top of his class and he was wearing a black tie on his special day! After hearing mass, all 6 invited families for R's communion went to Crasy Buffet (that's how their name was spelled) where the L's treated us for lunch! It was just hard to have all the kids aged 3 and below eat their food as they all wanted to go down their high chairs and play. M was the only one who was able to sit for 15 minutes and then he just cant wait to play with his playmates J, S, I, J and RJ. The celebrant R was the only one who had no playmates in his age group. Wawa..Luckily, M belongs to the same age group as that of our neighbors/friends' kids so M had a grand time. I just felt embarrassed in a way as the kids started playing with the balloons given by the waiters. The kids would toss it up on the air and then the balloons would land on the other customer's tables who obviously, also just wanted to enjoy their late lunch. We were strategically seated in the corner away from the other tables but still the kids would just ran, play and I felt it would have been easier had we stayed in the house instead. But the L's are known for their no-fuss parties so they opted to have the celebration here at the restaurant. Anyway, I just thought that if they have a right to stay then so do we as we paid for our lunch (este- it was L's treat nga pala ) Good thing too the other customers were not the snob type as they know that kids are just being kids! I'm being too hard on myself I think!
It was on this lunch date that we all finalized our road trip to Atlanta this weekend. We will leave PC at 4pm and drive to Atlanta where my BIL's house is. That house is 5 minutes away from Lenox Mall. Though the guys wanted to go to IKEA , girls might hang out at the mall instead. I do want to go to IKEA as H and I were bitin in our shopping at NJ last month. We'll do IKEA on Saturday then the mall on Sunday. Eating dimsum is also in the agenda! How will I ever lose my 25 lbs? (Buti pa si J)
Gotta study now! Have a fun week everyone! I'm sorry I don't have pictures because my camera said goodbye to me last Sunday! At R's communion, my LCD screen just went blank. I brought it to BestBuy yesterday and they said that they will try to fix it . It is a good thing that my 4 year warranty protection plan expires this September 08 so my camera is still covered. If they won't be able to fix it, they'll let me have a new camera within the price range of my old one! Wow! H prayed that the camera won't be repaired. I doubt it though. But if they give me a new one, who am I to say no?
(Ooopps, about the tags that I owe--Weng, Tin, etc- sa bakasyon gagawin ko na po, sorry huh..busy lang talaga)
Oh, thank you for all those who gave good comments on H's birthday bash! We enjoyed it to the max and our friends are asking us about our plans next year! And those who left a comment on M's sad picture, thank you! Di naman laging umiiyak si M.---Yaiks, need to find my entry for LP. After the test, maybe!
Cheers everyone!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, good luck on your exams. I hope all goes well with you so you can enjoy naman your vacation. Itigil muna ang paglilinis para makapag concentrate ka sa pagkuha ng 100% sa exam :)

Naku, I picture myself on your shoes in the restaurant. Our kids are also like that... whenever they get bored they make so many noises or play around to the point that other people get bothered by it... nakakahiya. When that happens, I make sure to give my children an evil stare just to make sure they know I am not happy with what they are doing. It works naman as they start to behave after that. Hehehe!

Maver said...

happy mavers day! http://maver.wifespeaks.com/2008/05/heres-special-meme-dedicated-to-all.html

Anonymous said...

Hope by this time e medyo nakahinga na ang iyong kagandahan and that you are now enjoying your mother's day celebration.

Kwentuhan mo na lang kami pag medyo settled ka na...

In the meantime, enjoy muna! You deserve it after all your hard work! Take care and God bless.