Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Late greeting

Hello everyone!!
Belated happy mother's day to all the moms who read my blog! I'm sure all of you had a blast celebrating that day! Motherhood is such a precious gift entrusted by God and I am so thankful that He gave me that!
So, what did i do on Mother's day?? Just window shopped and drooled on fab bags and took care of 4 kids on that day at the mall! Here's the pic to prove it!



I brought these kids to the mall but I got their moms who are my good friends with me. There is no way I can push three strollers all at the same time. Eating out with these kids is already a challenge. Last Sunday, I only had one boy to be in charged of, which is the reason why I became a mom in the first place.
Here he is!


For our Mother's day celebration weekend, the L's, the D's and us, drove to Atlanta. We arrived Friday night at BIL's house. It was a 2 bedroom townhouse so our sleeping arrangement had to be girl's room and boy's room. The kids slept with the moms of course as the dads had a snoring contest on the other room. (hehehehe)
How can you put 3 kids to sleep all in one room? It was a hard task but it could be done. Prayer is the answer. Although, it took a while for them to sleep as S, I and M would play, jump from one bed to another, giggle and talk at 12 midnight. Since when did the kids had to had conversations first before going to sleep? Hmmm...M was the first one to sleep though. He got that from his dad.
Saturday morning, we went to our purpose and goal in life--nope, the purpose of this trip is actually to shop here!


We made IKEA rich while IKEA made us poor. They had a daycare service but unfortunately, M chickened out. We had him signed in and he saw I, R, & S playing inside the play area but M stepped out and he insisted he wanted to go shopping with us instead. I made him promise that he'll behave in his stroller as we do our shopping. Luckily, he kept his promise. I made H promise that he'll stick with the budget. H kept his promise as well. That's a mother's day treat for me. ;)
We bought the entertainment center we had been eyeing at NJ last month. The L's bought the same thing with a slightly different design. They came prepared as they had measured their den so they were done shopping in less than 2 hours. The D's bought a bedroom set, an impulsive one as they say. It was a good thing Thunder carried the whole showcase. Too bad, IKEA ran out of the glass doors for the said entertainment center. We had no choice but to come back on Sunday when the doors will be available according to their inventory person. The L's needed that glass door too.
We had dinner at our fave Dimsum house and then we decided to give the kids a treat by going to Chuck E Cheese's. The kids loved it!

A smart move by the parents, I think. The kids had fun and of course, they all got tired playing, running, sliding, etc. It was only M who didnt want to go home when they closed. M would say, "No Mom, I want to play at Chuckee Cheeke's." That's how he said it. Funny! We went home and put this kids on the tub as they took their shower. We changed them into their jammies and us moms took turns in the shower. (Nope, we couldn't fit into the tub too bad for the dads. :)) The kids played some more and then they slept early. Well, it was already 11pm when they dozed off but compared last night, it was earlier!
Sunday was Mom's day and the boys had to go to IKEA to pick up the ordered glass doors. The girls/mommies had a meeting the night before that we will not go to IKEA anymore. Instead, we would just hang out at the mall with the kids, check a play area for the kids or shop for the moms. Wishful thinking.
The boys agreed and said that they would pick us up when they were done. I drove the girl's van off to the mall while H drove the boy's truck off to IKEA. Boys and girls, girls and boys.
At the mall, it was so tempting to get a new bag but I know that H and I just shopped at IKEA to my heart's and house's content. I had to content myself from trying on the purses. For me, the purses were alive and I could feel their heartbeat on my shoulders. Tama na muna yun. Mommy A and Mommy D got some stuff at Ann Taylor. Mommy A almost bought the other purse at Burberry. Me?? Dream on...Someday, pagkabayad ke IKEA. (at pagkatapos mag-aral--hahahah..Swerte talaga ni H sa akin..hahahahahha)
The mall had a laser thing where kids would chase it and play around a little mat. It looked like a little advertisement for the company logo's. They had fun playing at those light laser beams.

After getting the glass doors, the boys called us up. The boys wanted us to have lunch together at 2pm but it was hard for us to bring all 3 kids to where they were. Besides, we had lunch earlier because of the kids. We waited for the boys at the mall instead. Finally, we were able to leave Atlanta at 3pm. Another 4 hour drive awaits us. As M's DVD played Toy Story 2, exactly 5 minutes later, M got to take his nap. Here's M in his delayed nap time.


It was a fun road trip! I do love long travels with H and M but I love it most when trips are shared with friends. Mas maraming chismis. Hehehehe. We had numerous stops when the kids needed a bathroom break, the kids wanting to have a dvd swap (I want to watch S's movie not my movie, why is it that they want to have what the other one was currently watching?), the kids craving to eat a Sonic burger and fries and mac and cheese, and a lot of kid's demands (and dad's too) It was indeed a weekend filled with all the reasons why I love being a mom, a wife, and a friend !!
Have a great week y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi dang! i'm glad you had a blast on mother's day weekend. si abby rin, gustung-gusto maglaro dun sa play area ng ikea pero kami ang may ayaw. parang nakakatakot kasing iwan siya dun. :D o, magenjoy ulit kayo pagbalik sa ikea ha...magtira naman para sa ibang mamimili! hahaha!

Anonymous said...

punta ka na lang kasi dito sa amin, ang laki-laki ng ikea dito. :D

fave ni ninna yang laser game na yan, kahit isang oras siyang maglaro masaya na siya hehe.

grabe napaka-eventful naman ng iyong MD weekend. glad you had fun! :D bhmd! :D