Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Sunday, October 02, 2005

my son's baptism

yehey!!my preparations for coocoo's baptism was a success, praise god! the first hard part was convincing hubs as he is now a born again christian (arent we catholics too?) and would rather have a dedication for our son in their church! hmmm..i really cant imagine that my son will not be baptized so i asked him if he would let me do this as this is something i just had to do..besides i already agreed that our wedding be held by their pastor much to the dismay of my family ( they understood later) thank god he agreed..and so my preparations started. preparing the guest list, the invites, confirming the date, attending the required seminars, choosing the godparents, the reception site and the souvenirs. ohhh and the baptismal cake! i felt so blessed having a good friend e who baked his cake - it was so pretty i had a hard time slicing it and it was so yummy i had a hard time stopping myself from getting another serving...i then remembered how it was to prepare for my wedding! i wasnt so detailed ( oh really??..hubs would not agree on this..heheh) my son was about to be baptized and i had to made sure all the nitty gritty stuff were taken care of....
when we attended the baptismal seminar, hubs and i were all ears to sister a who very well explained the sacrament. hubs later commented how sister did good enlightening his mind and i knew God was at my side!
and when the actual ceremony happened, i was so touched!ganun pala magpabinyag ng anak! the ceremony was intimate and father pete explained very well the symbolism of each! then our close friends were all present.! my best friend i flew from new york as well as r flew from texas..we decided to hold the reception in a nearby chinese restaurant to save us the trouble of renting chairs, tables, etc... last year when we had our wedding reception here it was too tedious so we decided to get a function/party room at said restaurant. my friend r volunteered to take all the pictures while i delegated the video to i's husband..it was a very wonderful event, all recorded in my mind! i just wish our family was here but..our friends were all here so that would suffice at the moment!
i thank God for His love! i will forever remember this day!

No comments: