Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Saturday, December 25, 2004

show must go on!

our pinoy neighbors decided to have the CHRISTMAS party in our house. potluck style but still, i had to make sure that we are ready!!for a BIG change, since its christmas, hubs insisted we do not use disposable cups or plates since its a special occasion..we have 15 guests and we have wine glasses , forks, spoons & plates for all! he commented that the dishwasher will do the dirty work after..he was able to convince me though! lets see if we'll be able to pull this through!
hubs has always been into details that he started decorating the dinner table! the fresh pine tree with cherries was a very nice centerpiece..its aroma was soooo..i just felt it was really christmas now!!he even surprised me with candles he just bought 2 days ago, just the type i was looking for!!when it comes to taste, i have high regards for my man!!
the kitchen is the busiest place of course!! hubs cooked ham while i fixed the lumpiang shanghai! at 7 pm guests arrived with GIFTS too..i panicked! remember i never planned of giving gifts to anyone! NYAY...i had to go inside our room and wrap four picture frames for these 2 families..KAHIYA..that was the fastest gift wrapping session of my entire life! i hurriedly wrote a christmas card and even inserted a gift card from pier one which has been in my wallet for the last 2 months..INSTANT GIFT!!
the guests stayed until 1am.. the food was sumptous, the exchange of stories was unstoppable like we dont live in the same village and talk in the phone daily..but i had to sneak and call my family in the philippines..this is my first christmas away from home and im terribly sad..but, again, show must go on..! i was pretending i was smiling but in my heart i longed for my dad, bro & sis..i know its hard for them too..! thank god for the telephone!! and the phone card too!! i was able to talk to my family first then all my titas and cousins..the whole clan would always gather on christmas day for the traditional gift giving...it made me feel ok..but then..
best actress award nomination for me!!!

No comments: