Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Saturday, November 13, 2004

a love poem

it was at 12 midnight when hubs greeted me " happy anniversary! he surprised me with a beautiful poem..this is his first poem since we got married and it took him a year to write me one..! no complaints though..he would write me poem after poem during our bf-gf year cum engagement year..ahh, whirlwind romance, but thats another topic!
anytime, he would just utter a short poem, a free verse or compliment me.. my favorite was one poem entitled "i dont have to". this he recited one saturday morning, right in bed...

i dont have to be far from you to know that i miss you..
i dont have to lose you to know how you mean to me..

(ahhhh..blame it on my age. these were ten lines but this two are the only ones i can remember, kainez..)
basta, it was a beautiful piece ..he promised to write it the moment he gets up but obviously he did not the have the time or the inspiration to finish it..i regret that i was not able to remember all the lines he said..sobrang emote kasi ako as he said that..
so today, i was so surprised to receive this poem..i kept on asking how, when , why he did it..it was printed on a piece of paper, tied on a green ribbon, and handed to me at 12am, eve of our anniv when i said yes as a bf which he interpreted as a yes as a husband..gosh ..i was really touched..its different from the "i dont have to"..!!but it does not matter, i truly love this guy!!

how much do you mean to me?
You alone can bring a smile when things are rough..
..bring comfort with each touch..
..reassurance with soft whispers at night..
You alone can bring me courage..
..when my strength seem to fail..
..a gentle word here and there..
..a hug that says you care..
You alone can kiss..
..a thousand cares away..
..a glimmer of hope in the night..
..a ray of light when clouds are dark..
You alone can bring contentment..
..you've taught me how to find a blessing..
..even in the simplest of things..
..You have this certain glow about you..
..that draws me constantly..
..beckoning me to get closer..
..You have such a characteristic laugh..
..an open window to your soul..
..a source of perpetual joy..

Love, it's our first year together. Time flies when you're having fun. I can never tell you how much you mean to me because there arent words enough. Each day I wake up beside you lets me realize that love does move in mysterious ways and I would gladly spend a lifetime discovering more of you. ILOVEYOU.


KILIIIG!!! as baduy as it may sound, KILLIGGG!!!!!

I just thank GOD!!!God is amazing! I normally ask HIM what have I done to deserve hubs..I still am at awe!!

No comments: